I. Staff Design Engineer
- Architect, design, and verify the following components to meet product requirements: Frequency synthesizers, VCOs, low-noise amplifiers, up/ down mixers, gm-C and RC filters, RF and baseband variable gain amplifiers, power amplifier drivers, op-amps and band-gap references.
- Perform detailed transistor-level circuit design, including design capture, simulation, layout, layout guidance, and design documentation. Report design results through design reviews. Resolve action items from review results.
- Participate in system-level modeling and simulation design activities.
- Evaluate design results by laboratory test measurements. Support product engineering to meet mass manufacturing/production needs. Support application engineering to meet customer needs.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MSEE or equivalent with 2-years of design experiences
- Experience with Cadence SpectreRF, Virtuso, Mentor Graphics Caribre, and EM simulation tools
- Able to handle transistor-level circuit design, system-level modeling, and simulation
- Knowledge of low power RFIC circuits. Advanced knowledge of parasitic analysis (capacitance, resistance, package), CMOS fabrication process, layout trade-offs for performance and size, and scripting language.
- Hands-on lab experience for testing and debugging to characterize RFICs using equipment such as vector signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscope, noise figure analyzers.
II. Sr. RF System Engineer
- Develop RF wireless/baseband system solutions for consumer electronics products
- Perform RF system analysis, architect, and design.
- Develop RF and analog PCB design and layout
- Perform board bring up and system validation.
- Develop strategies for suppression of RFI emissions
- Make product cost and architecture trade-offs working with Product Manager and other hardware architecture teams.
- Author detailed system level technical requirements and specifications
- Develop radio validation plans and test plans
- Review all product validation reports and test reports generated while testing the product.
- Work with compliance team to understand compliance testing needed for product launch into worldwide locations.
- Hands on board bring up, testing, and qualification
- Component selection and qualification
- Expertise on matching network
- Duties include system architect, design reviews, hands-on prototyping, schematic reviews, board bring up and debugging, hardware testing, generation of hardware bugs, working with cross-functional teams on debug/analysis/prove-out, as well as manufacturing test support.
- BSEE/MSEE/Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of detailed RF system experience in transceiver development, architecture, testing and the integration
- Knowledge of RF testing and calibration techniques
- Experienced with RF PCB design, system simulation, and component selection
- Working knowledge of matching network design and measurement